File:ThePlanets Orbits Ceres Mars PolarView.svg
Commons is a freely licensed media file repository. You can help.
Orbits of Ceres and Mars. Generated by a program written by Eurocommuter.
- Ceres in yellow
- For reference, Mars in red
- The orbits plotted in brighter colours above the ecliptic and darker below.
- Major axis drawn showing perihelion (q) and aphelion (Q)
- The Sun in the centre.
- The yellow segment points toward the vernal point.
- View from the above the ecliptic (North Pole)
- For planets: Jet Propulsion Laboratory: Keplerian Elements for Approximate Positions of the Major Planets
|Description||The orbit of Ceres and Mars -polar view|
|Date||16 August 2006|
|Source||Plotted by a program written by the User:Eurocommuter|
( Reusing this file)
see Licence tag
Learn more about Schools Wikipedia
Learning is fun and easy with Schools Wikipedia. SOS Children helps those who have nothing and no one, giving them back the famly they have lost and bringing them the very best opportunities for a happy, healthy future. We have helped children in Africa for many years - you can help too...