A screenshot of Internet Explorer 6 in Ubuntu 7.04 running under Wine.
Fair use claim: No free alternative to the subject in question (i.e., Internet Explorer in Linux) exists, and it is as low-resolution as possible while preserving text readability, which is key to identifying the subject in question.
Internet Explorer 6 icons and layout
|This is a screenshot of copyrighted computer software, and the copyright for its contents is most likely held by the author(s) or the company that created the software. It is believed that the use of a limited number of web-resolution screenshots:
Ubuntu and GNOME
Wikipedia text and MediaWiki software
|This image contains a screenshot of a copyrighted Wikipedia web page.
MediaWiki, the software running Wikipedia, is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version.Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify any Wikipedia text under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Subject to disclaimers.
|This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
This licensing tag was added to this file as part of the GFDL licensing update.
Fair use rationale
This image is believed to be fair use for the following articles:
- Internet Explorer or Internet Explorer 6
- It illustrates the software in question
- It is a low resolution, only as big as need be to provide critical commentary on the software demonstrated.
- A free alternative is not available.
- Internet Explorer: It shows operating system compatibility.
- This screenshot does not harm the marketability of the products displayed.
- The use of the Wikipedia main page provides a neutral page for content illustration, since this image is hosted on Wikipedia.
I want to learn more...
Through Schools Wikipedia, SOS Children has brought learning to children around the world. SOS Children's Villages cares for children who have lost their parents. Our Children's Villages give these children a new home and a new family, while a high-quality education and the best of medical care ensures they will grow up with all they need to succeed in adult life. There are many ways to help with SOS Childrens Villages.