File:TheKuiperBelt Orbits Pluto Polar.svg
This is a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Information from its description page there is shown below.
Commons is a freely licensed media file repository. You can help.
Orbits of Pluto (red) and Neptune (blue); polar view. Plotted by a program written by Eurocommuter.
- Pluto in red
- Neptune in blue
- Orbits plotted in brighter colours above the ecliptic and darker below.
- Major axis drawn showing perihelia (q) and aphelia (Q).
- Colours and albedos illustrated
- Relative sizes not shown due to a significant size difference
- The positions as of April 2006.
- The Sun in the centre of the graph.
- Yellow segment points toward the vernal point.
- View from the above the ecliptic
Jet Propulsion Laboratory: Keplerian Elements for Approximate Positions of the Major Planets
Schools Wikipedia was created by children's charity SOS Childrens Villages. Thanks to SOS Children, 62,000 children are enjoying a happy childhood, with a healthy, prosperous future ahead of them. Help another child by taking out a sponsorship.